Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Whistle While You Work

I've just completed a major move to Columbus, OH (of all places). So if you thought I gave up on this blog, there's your answer. Just needed to focus on getting settled in. And now that I have, here's a little update.

I've just begun what I intend to be my first completed novel. I'm about 15 pages in and I'm shooting for around 200. It has great sequel potential, but I'm not gonna get ahead of myself.

I've calculated that if I write 5 pages a day for 5 days a week, then I'll have 200 pages in 2 months. Of course, that's just the beginning of the writing process but it'll feel fantastic to actually hold those 200 pages in my hands and know that all I have left to do is edit and rewrite.

And on top of that, I recently spoke to a major screenwriter who read one of my scripts (the one that took the Grand Prize in a smaller screenplay competition) and he gave me plenty of advice on how to improve the weaker points of the story and even offered to send it to someone (I'm assuming an agent or manager) if and when I've tweaked it a bit.

So all in all, it's been a productive 4 weeks and I'm off to the races to try and complete at least one of my New Year's resolutions: to complete my first novel.

What kind of strides have any of you made recently in your writing careers or even just on your recent project??

No comments:

Post a Comment