Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Is "Nicholled" a Verb?

Well, I got that most-anticipated email the other day: the Nicholl email.

I entered this year with the hope of making the semis. I made the Quarters in 2009, optioned that script, and have revised it quite a bit over the past 2 years. I really believe it's miles apart from the version that Quartered in 2009. Even so, I didn't make the Quarters this year. But I did get that little glimmer of hope: the P.S. at the bottom of the email.... 

"Your script was among the top 10% of all entries."

Well, hmmm, I guess, I mean, yeah, maybe that's, you know... good? There were 6,730 entries this year (makes you wonder how they always hit an even number... are they rounding up, rounding down, what?), so that means my script was one of the best 673 entered this year. 

I guess that's pretty good.

I mean, top 351 would be better, but hey, if you're in the Top 10% in any competition, you're doing something right. And I'm okay with that. Cause I know I'm not there yet, but with little indications like this one, I know I'm well on my way.

Did you enter this year? If so, how'd you do? If not, why? Do you like the Nicholl Competition or do you prefer another?

No comments:

Post a Comment